Monday, November 12, 2007

Farewell Johnnie..

Ya must be wondering who, what, how is Johnnie associated with me..He's none other my little cousin's pet guinea pig who has been with the family for close to 6 yrs. He has departed on 10.11.07 peacefully. My cousins and my aunt booked 3 taxis to send Johnnie to cremate..sounds odd right? I was like...."huh, are u sure??" to my mum...It's a pet after all..no doubt bot that, however, ppl do develop feelings with their pets over a period of time. Understood from my mum that they have spent close to $250 for Johnnie's burial which includes a coffin for him..Amazing to me as this is the first time I heard there's such burial services for pets..He's quite a quiet little guinea pig that does nothing but eat and sleep all day. The doctor told my aunt that he's old and his time is up..

Coincidentally, during lunch, my colleague also told me that he just bought a pair of hamsters for his wife..They also spend close to $200 for the pet's houses, toys, meals and blah blah....For a moment, I almost harbour thoughts to have a pet..However, after 2nd thoughts, I better not..Firstly, my mum is against it, secondly, my pet will surely be a lonely pet..Pets like human beings have feelings and should be respected as well..

Farewell Johnnie, Rest in Peace!

A simple girl trying to live her life to contention

No comments: